Get Help

Do you have problems at work? Are you not getting paid properly for your time? Have you faced discrimination? You can get your questions about your legal rights on the job answered at the Center for Workers’ Rights.

Types of Cases We Handle

We specialize in employment laws including:

  • Unpaid Wages
  • Discrimination
  • Disability Accommodation
  • Wrongful Termination
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Harassment
  • Health & Safety
  • Leave Rights and more.

Types of Cases We Do Not Handle

The Center for Workers’ Rights does not provide assistance on issues that are not workplace related. We do not help with:

  • Immigration Relief
  • Licensing
  • Education
  • Health Care Benefits
  • Pensions
  • Housing
  • Criminal Law

Frequently Asked Questions

Our services are free and we will not ask you about your immigration status.

We offer language assistance for all of our work and services. It is important when calling in that we are speaking to the person who needs our assistance directly.

Do you need individualized assistance?

Through our Workers’ Rights clinic you can meet directly with an intake volunteer who will listen to your story and your questions. The intake volunteer then meets with experienced employment lawyers who evaluate your situation and provide information, resources, referrals, and legal options to be provided to you through the intake volunteer. All conversations are confidential. All consultations are currently being scheduled for phone appointments. Call 916-905-5857 to book an appointment.

Center for Workers' Rights staff member consulting with an individual

Do you already have a pending case related to your work?

The Center for Workers’ Rights does not represent workers in court cases. We provide information about and representation in cases in California administrative agencies, including the California Labor Commissioner’s Office, California Civil Rights Department (formerly the Department of Fair Employment and Housing) and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. If you currently have a case pending with the California Labor Commissioner’s Office, you can call them to inquire about the status of the case at 833-526-4636.

Two individuals posing in front of CUIAB signage

Want to connect with other workers in your industry?

Contact us to learn about community events for workers in your industry or to schedule a training for you and your colleagues. Contact us at 916-905-5857.

Two staff members packing tomatoes on a farm

Did you recently lose work and are trying to access unemployment insurance benefits?

We can talk to you about how to access unemployment benefits, answer questions about the process, and connect you with resources to make sure you get your benefits paid quickly. You can call us at 916-905-5857. You can also call the Employment Development Department and be provided with assistance in language at 1-800-300-5616.

Anna Marie talking to a male wearing light blue polar shirt holding a pen on his right hand.
Share This