Dear Center for Workers’ Rights Supporters,
2015 was our first complete calendar year providing support to low-wage workers. We achieved so much this year and, as we move into 2016, we have a solid foundation to continue to seek justice for Sacramento’s low-wage workers.
This year, we:
- Assisted 209 workers with advice about workplace rights
- Won more than $150,000 in wages and penalties through the California Labor Commissioner
- Obtained Unemployment Insurance Benefits for 5 low-wage workers.
- Helped file labor commissioner claims for a total of more than $500,000 in unpaid wages and penalties
- Opened a second Workers’ Right Clinic location in Sacramento
- Filed 3 discrimination claims with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Involved 27 volunteer attorneys,11 volunteer community members, and 36 law students in our work
- Educated the Sacramento City Council on the importance of an enforceable minimum wage ordinance.
Thank you to all of you who helped make this year a success. When you give to the Center for Workers’ Rights, you help us expand our reach in the community and protect the quality legal services which low-wage workers rely upon to find justice at work.
Founder and Executive Director